Saturday, September 12, 2015

Kids Chore Chart for our Large Family

We are now back to school and in full swing! Last year going back to school was incredibly difficult. Our house was a complete disaster. My husband and I were exhausted. I am determined that the same thing won't happen again this year. I have made a chore chart. I fully believe that children should contribute around the house without any expectations but I am unbelievably tired of nagging. I don't know if this chore chart is going to help. All that I know is that I have to try something. We are using a Reward and Fine system. Each child is given a certain colour of magnet. I have taped a bunch of chores on a magnetic board in different colours. The yellow chores are worth $ 0.50 per chore. The orange chores are worth $1.00 per chore. The blue chores are worth between $2.00 and $10.00 per chore. Some of the chores are optional (make a simple meal or clean out the car). Other chores are mandatory (the lawn needs to be mowed this week). Whoever chooses the chore first, gets the money. I also have a system of fines. If I have to do anything that they are expected to do on their own, I am fining them $0.25. If they don't put their stuff away after school, they get a fine. At the end of each week, we will tally up the totals and give everyone their money! My second oldest is the most excited about the chores. We will see how it goes! My fingers are crossed. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am willing to try anything!
We were inspired by a few sites on their brilliant chore chart ideas. Please check out these great sites! (http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/6037/chore-charts-allowance) http://www.passionforsavings.com/free-printable-chore-charts-for-kids/ http://totallytogetherjournal.com/write-on-wipe-off-chore-charts/.

1 comment:

  1. Since posting this a few minutes ago, I have added clean out the car, wash 1 door - both sides, wash 1 large wall or 3 small walls. I've had to cut the yellow ones in half.

    ReplyDelete